As you may have noticed, Amazon has started making their own…well, almost everything. Including luggage.
But the big question is, is it any good? After all, they have some stiff competition from Samsonite, Travelpro, and their friends.
So, in this review, we are going to dive into the 3 main categories of Amazon Basics luggage and find out if it’s worth your money.
AmazonBasics Luggage: The Product Range
There are 4 different types of luggage in Amazon’s range. There are2 hardshell suitcases. The main difference between the 2 is that one has a textured finish and the other has a shiny finish. All other features are the same, so both suitcases will be covered in one section of the review.
The other 2 pieces of luggage are the; softshell suitcase and the underseat carry-on. With these 2 products, there is less variety than with the hardshells, most likely because they are less popular.
All of their luggage has something in common – it is covered by AmazonBasics Three-Year Limited Warranty, except for the underseat carry-on, which is backed by Amazon’s 1-year warranty. The warranty covers any manufacturing defects, so if you receive a faulty product, you can exchange it immediately. However, the warranty does not cover any damage caused by transport, and it does not apply to residents outside of the United States.
AmazonBasics Premium Hardside Spinner Carry-On: Basically Bamboozled!
Thank you for watching.. In this video I share with you the AmazonBasics Premium Hardside Spinner Luggage with Built-In TSA ...
- Protective hard shell with scratch-resistant finish offers an extended durability
- Comes with a in-built expansion for added packing organization
- 4 double spinner wheels ensure smooth-rolling and mobility in any direction
- +Price--for $49.99 you can't get a better price for a carry-on hard-side luggage!
- +Size--perfect carry-on size--I did not have any trouble fitting my luggage into the overbin for Delta, Ryan Air, Olympic Air, Vueling Airlines, and SAS Airlines. The size of the luggage was compliant for all the airlines I had just listed. I've flown a few more times internationally to Italy & Greece via American Airlines and had no problems size wise with this luggage.
- +Sturdy--I had just bought a Samsonite brand carry-on luggage at Ross for $69 (which I returned), the quality of the AmazonBasics luggage was comparable to Samsonite
- +Color--I feel the color choices was good--they offer the typical black and even a funky color like orange!
- +Inside storage--I really like the little compartment pockets. They're perfect for little nick-knacks
- +Wheels felt sturdy, smooth and secure--I rolled this bag through the bumpy rocky roads of Prague and Brussels and they survived!
- - Both roll very well on the floor and carpet at home. The small one rolled around well when I was on a trip recently.
- - Inside is easy to organize, lots of room and useful pockets/holders. I fit a lot in the 20"
- - Expansion Zipper to make it bigger.
- - Light Weight
- - Handles are easy to use. Rolling handles lock in place for ease of use
- - Price (priced better than most similar bags, particularly the 2 pack combo)
- - There are feet on the side as well for side standing the bag on the ground.
- The telescopic handle wiggles
- - Fairly cheap.
- - Three zipper pockets inside.
- - Rolls smoothly.
- ABS material is the cheapest in hardside luggages. The one I ordered had huge dents in a corner, which means the material can be damaged by rough handling.
- - No lock on any of the three bags. Can only lock the tips of the zipper sliders together with separate lock, which still allows a 2-inch gap to be opened between the two sliders.
- -The handle does not feel sturdy--sometimes I felt the handle was gonna break off. But it did not....yet
- -The handle going up and down is very loose--not sure if it was just my luggage that was faulty, but I had difficulties getting the handle to go up and STAY up. I'm assuming the bolts were loose that is why the handle kept falling down
- - My old carry on back was 8" thick, and was allowed on some flights as carry one because it barely fit in the overhead. I'm worried the 10" stock thick carry on will be too thick on smaller planes with limited overhead space. This is before the expansion opening.
- - Hard shell is a little thin and has some give. A little more than I expected, though that could make it last longer.
- - I worry the handles aren't secure. They feel fine so far, but it's something I'll learn with use.
- - I'm used to bags like this opening in the top, not in the middle, so packing is a little bit different.
- - The zippers have stuck a little bit while it's new. I worry they may cause problems, though I'm hopefull that's just that they're durable and new, so they're stiff. This could be good as it also prevents them from opening randomly.
- - I'm tall (6'4"), and the extendable handle doesn't quite come up high enough for me. Sadly, this is a common problem not unique to this luggage.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.